1. What does “salvation” mean? What does “redemption” mean?
Salvation means to be saved or rescued from danger. Redemption means having a debt paid so you can be free!
2. Why do we need salvation and redemption?
We need to be saved and redeemed from sin! When we sin, we ignore God and do things our own way. Sin separates us from God, leaving us alone forever. As we learned, sin leads to death.
3. What is the “good news”?
The “good news” is that God has a plan! Read Romans 6:23. God has a plan of redemption and salvation that begins with Abraham, who is known as the father of many—that’s us!
4. Do you remember what faith means?
Faith means believing that God is who He says He is and that He will do what He says He’ll do. Abraham had faith!
5. What are the three promises that God gave to Abraham?
1) He would be the father of a great nation.
2) Through Abraham all families of the earth would be blessed.
3) God will give Abraham’s children the land of Canaan, which is called the Promised Land.
6.Read Romans 4:18. What does it mean that God fulfills His promises?